- diving suits
- clothing for water sports
- curtains and covers
- protective, leisure, safety and industrial clothing (gas and chemical agents)
- containers for electronic instruments, documents, machinery and equipment for transport
- inflatable objects and games, advertising balloons etc.
- bags and backpacks for everyday use, for outdoor, cycling, sailing, mountaineering and the like
The hinge withstands (laboratory test) up to 700 mbar of pressure (air), ends included.
The slider fits perfectly into the closing seat.
Avoid bending the zipper excessively!
Dust or sand
The TIZIP MasterSeal 6 is highly resistant to damage caused by dirt or sand. However if dirt or sand are present, the zipper should be cleaned with soap and water.
Dirt particles can aff ect the sealing function if they get caught between the chain profiles.
If the hinge is used to protect sensitive materials, frequent cleaning of the hinge and a thorough check before each use is essential.
No hinges are previously lubricated. However, lubrication is essential to maintain ease of use and perfect coupling of the chain.
After installing the hinge to the product, it is recommended to lubricate the entire chain and slide the slider from one end to the other, at least 5 times in both directions.
Acid free lubricants, greases and oils can be used.
Initial lubrication on the entire chain is essential.
If the spiral appears dry, the user will have to lubricate the hinge periodically (approximately every 10 uses).
It is recommended to consult the instructions and use the lubricant supplied with each hinge.
The lubrication of the external surfaces allows a better handling of the cursor.
Opening and closing the TIZIP MasterSeal 6 requires moderate pulling force on the slider. Please allow a slightly higher pulling force to undock the both ends closed version. Some lubrication can help to reduce the pulling force on the docking end. The chain is maintenance free.
The performances of the hinge in terms of resistance and durability are of a high level. Withstands sudden weight loads, abrasions and withstands short bends and twists.
Closed the zipper resists transversal traction of 300 N / cm. In case of accidental opening due to excessive tension, return the cursor to the initial position, reduce the tension on the spiral and close the zipper.
The zipper is not damaged by this procedure.
If the accidental opening of the hinge occurs up to the lower terminal, the first 2 centimetersof the spiral must be assembled by hand, before returning the cursor to the initial position.
- ends closed / not divisible
- tape width 50 mm / 70 mm
- chain width 11 mm
- terminal extensions 16 mm / 25 mm
- zipper length: the zipper is measured including stops. To find the size of the chain, subtract about 2 cm.
The waterproof capability of the zipper is tested by placing the zipper on a horizontal rectangular frame.
The inside of the zipper is submerged while the outside is pressurized with air.
The test is passed if there are no air bubbles for at least 20 seconds.
Sample tests are carried out in each batch during production.
- UV-RAYS: Very good
- MICROBES: Satisfactory
- OIL AND PETROL: Very good
- HYDROLYSIS (NORMAL TEMPERATURES): Good
- HYDROLYSIS (EXTREME TEMPERATURES AND HUMIDITY): Sufficient
- TEMPERATURE RANGE: -30 ° C / + 80 ° C
- LIGHT ACIDS AND ALKALI (NORMAL TEMPERATURE): Good
FAQ – FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS